Tuesday, September 29, 2009

More on calendars

We have a room that we call our "hermitage room." Students in the Prayer and Spirituality class sign up to spend a class period (when they are unscheduled) in the room for prayer/reflection. For some it's a rare time of solitude in the midst of busy days. A staff member says a prayer of blessing both before and after the experience. This all involves some coordination.

In the past I have had students sign up on a pap.er calendar that I have prepared, and I would notify teachers of when students were scheduled. But this semester the most tech savvy teacher in my department is sharing the class with me, and she's just all over the calendar thing. So now we have a Google Docs calendar that everyone can reach easily.

For the teachers, we just have to figure out how to remember to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment