Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Inquiry

After reading an article (a blog post?) about the value of inquiry based projects, I added another step to the CT project: each pair needs to list at least five questions they have about their selected topic. It's lame, not the same as what the article talked about, but I thought it worthwhile anyway. It worked well as a starting point for Morality projects last year.

I pointed out a resource that our students have on "information literacy" and the section on developing questions. I hope it helps. One student told me right away that she has no questions about her topic. "Do you mean that you already know everything there is to know about marriage in the Catholic Church?" "Yes, pretty much." Which is worse, that she thinks she has nothing to learn, or that she chose a topic about which she thinks she has nothing to learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment